8.03.2005

Continued Stress

After a miserable day on Monday, K and I were finally settling down in the evening and not feeling as bad. We wandered out to pick up some diet Coke for K at McDonald's, her favored supplier for Diet Coke. I don't think I've ever talked about the quantity of diet coke she drinks, but it is about a gallon a day. It might be a 1/2 gallon now, but it is still a large volume. And, she prefers it from the fountain. K is not low maintenance, though she claims I'm high maintenance as well.

We returned home and I plugged my cell phone in to the charger and asked K where the computer was. Turns out, after we searched the house several times, that someone has stolen our computer and digital camera. I started crying. It was too much after an awful day with K and then to find we had been burglarized.

The police came, took a report, and found a fingerprint. Probably nothing will be found. We didn't notice the burglary right away, as whoever broke in used a key. You would think that a key would simplify matters making it easier to track the culprit. Unfortunately not, as we have had so many contractors in the house.

There are some limits though. Whoever did it had to have worked upstairs at some point and taken the key to make a copy of it. It was our backdoor key, which we always leave hanging on a hook next to the door. The individual was likely in the house at 11 am, and one of the guys in the basement even heard the footsteps. But I don't know if we will find the culprit. Even if we did, the punishment would probably be very light. A burglars in our neighborhood, who burglarize 20+ houses by breaking in through 2nd story windows even when he had a broken arm, was only given 90 days and a suspended sentence. So. . . I don't hold out much hope.

K and I handle these things differently. I cried about it. K went to another rage state (just when she had been beginning to feel better) and became even more security conscious than usual. She's always pushed for us to be more careful with keys, passwords, personal information, and the like.

Tuesday we both stayed home to have the locksmith arrive. We ended up fighting a bit, but we settled down. Now, I'm trying to move past it and K is trying to be less fearful. Right now, K is angry with our contractor and wants to hold him liable for the break-in. I'm not so certain we can do that, but we'll discuss it with him on Friday.

The good news is that K's blips from Monday have receded. The Paxil is doing its job and stabilizing her. I believe the blips are stemming from PMS. The other good thing is that K is going to work on Friday, so she won't have to take any leave for staying home yesterday for the locksmith. We're starting to settle down again. It's good, because I'm sick of the rollercoaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter