7.21.2005

Worn Down

This week, despite having tomorrow off, has seemed endless. K and I have both been tired. We attribute it somewhat to a friend coming through town and staying with us Monday night. He and his partner lived next door to us for 2.5 years, when we first came to town. They had bought the house and fixed it up. Then they moved on to the West Coast and now, 4 years later have split up. Our friend was clearly a bundle of nerves and pain, even though he's been traveling across country for the past month. It has good, but very difficult to see him. It's never easy to see someone you care about oozing pain and looking miserable.

His visit drained us on Monday. Then my period has been lurking. Even several years ago, my period had no impact on me or my mood. However, these days it isn't as easy to manage. Right now, I'm feeling achy with cramps, and I still have an appointment to have drinks this afternoon. The only good thing this month is that the worst of it will be on the weekend rather than during the work week.

K's doing okay. She's worn down as well. Her job situation is going great. Except today, she had an update meeting where she and her current supervisor were told that the goal for everyone in this developmental group is to get them jobs outside of the current organization. Not the small organization, but outside of the agency.

Not a welcoming, warm friendly feeling? K was struggling not to cry. I immediately felt the lump return to the pit of my stomach. K did comment that she didn't want to tell me, as she doesn't want me to have the lump feeling. But she did. She talked to her immediate manager, who was angry and very willing to support K. I'm beginning to trust that K can handle whatever comes her way. The more she does it, the more confident I'm becoming.

We're having 2 of my coworkers for dinner tomorrow night, and K will have a chance to meet 2 of the people I work with daily. We're looking forward to it and have enjoyed being able to entertain again. It's a sign of health that we have the spirits and strength to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter