7.14.2005

Building Confidence

As I headed home from the gym this morning (yes, the 4th time I have gone in the past 7 days), I realized that I didn't have a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. For a long time, I wouldn't know if K would get up in the morning, what her mood would be, if she had slept the previous night, etc. Now, I can guarantee that she will be up, cheerful, and preparing to go to work in the morning.

Knowing that she'll be functioning normally is slowly building my confidence. It will still take a while, but I'm starting to trust that things will work out with K's illness and with her job. The longer our routine is unbroken the more confident I will become. The stress is starting to ease away.

I am curious as to what caused her change. Is it that she is more engaged at the office, which seems to have made a big difference? Is it that the bipolar has receded further? Is it that her engagement at the office has lifted a situational depression, as K told her therapist? I believe that the last one is the answer. There has been a radical change in K and it seems have brightened her aura.

Let's up that the good times continue.

One last note: I came across another bipolar blog today, it looks good. I know a number of you have already found it. --Been Broken--

1 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for this mention. I've been reading some of your blog which I've found moving and illuminating. I think I may show it to my partner, who I'm sure will relate to a lot of what you say. I know for myself, having the support of someone who cares has been a lifeline.
2 other blogs I know of which are written by the partners of people with mental health problems are:
bewildered syllables
and
Up The Down Escalator
Take care,
B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter