5.04.2005

Back

Okay, okay, I realize that I have been quiet for far too long. Last week was a busy week and it didn't help that K was out of work all week with a bad cold. I was ill for a couple of days with what I thought was food poisoning, now I believe it was an intestinal virus that is going around. The house felt like a sick ward.

Not too much to report. I received my promotion, which is good news. I also participated in the kick-off reception for a networking/development training program that I was selected to join. My career is going well. I keep hoping that it won't be a point of contention for K, as we do work in the same (albeit) large organization. Unfortunately, that leads her to compare our career paths, which have been different.

K's path has had many more hurdles and obstacles. Mine has been relatively smooth with only one bad manager or two tossed in the mix. What my promotion does is put me in a higher position than K, earning more money. When she's upset, she does focus on the difference a bit and with her office in chaos this is just another black mark against them in her mind.

We've somewhat resolved issues with the basement contractors. They are currently assessing the situation and will propose resolutions. But they didn't try to argue or defend their actions. We're not too irritated with them at the moment. We also, tentatively, agreed that they would push to have the basement complete by July 1 and provide us a schedule to achieve that goal.

Things are okay, not great. Our four year anniversary, since the commitment ceremony, is tomorrow. I haven't done anything and neither has K. We've been talking about going to dinner either tomorrow or Friday. We'll see.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Portia Micello said...

Good to hear you back. Congratulations on your promotion. It is too bad that you and K are in similar positions such that movement for you translates to an automatic negative for her. But aren't you in totally different units or something??? You may have said in an earlier post what your job is but I have missed it. Sometimes one's job title does not mean that one's job duties are the same. Could that be true also?
Anyway, glad you are back. Michele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter