4.12.2005

Realization

As I'm sitting at the computer after completing my 2004 taxes, I had a realization. I'm dead tired and not feeling the greatest. I kept thinking that I would be able to escape the office early this afternoon and come home to feel miserable in bed. It didn't happen. Rather, I got caught on a useful, but lengthy phone call 5 minutes before my depature. It kept me at the office about 20 minutes later than normal.

K, for some reason, is livid with me. She was furious that I was late and won't explain any details. It may be that she's only tired, but her reaction is extreme. Due to the lateness and our own exhaustion, we chose not to try and cook dinner. She picked up fast food and I ate some frozen chinese thing from Trader Joe's. Right now, she's watching a movie and slowly geting over her anger.

However, returning to my realization, despite the disruptions to our schedule tonight and disruptions last night, we are still doing fine. Instead of freaking out, we're able to accommodate the changes and remain even tempered. That's a huge change from where we were in the fall and the contractors would drive us out of the house at night.

Of course, allow me to add, it's 8 pm and I'm ready to go to bed. Taxes are done. I have to pay in for Federal, but state is a return!!! Yippeee! I hate having to pay in, but even so, I'm coming out ahead.

The other good news is that I'm up for a promotion at work. I need to submit the paperwork and it isn't guaranteed, but having the opportunity is makes me happy.

K's job remains undecided. She had to reapply for her position. We spent the weekend writing essays, using every buzzword in the book. She bribed me to help by offering to buy me a new purse. I'm hoping we'll make it to the shop this coming weekend, so I can pick out my new green bag.

Enough babbling. I'm exhausted, but I will try to be better about writing.

1 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not whining; you're reacting to a difficult situation where you don't feel well physically and you're also feeling a lot resting on your shoulders. How about talking to a professional to help sort things out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter