5.19.2006

Dinner Party Tonight

Tonight we have some friends coming over. We get along well with the couple, who now have a new baby. Always an excuse to drink, in my case. But we share a number of interests and always end up having a good. For a long time, we would only manage to see each every 6 months, despite living less than a mile apart. But recently, we've decided to make a concerted effort and schedule dinners every six to eight weeks.

As I mentioned, K has been in a foul temper. Even this morning, she was on the irritable side. But this afternoon on the phone, she's sounding more like her well-tempered self. That should make this evening more entertaining.

I've been working on the menu and need to go shopping after work. I am cutting out of work early. It's my early day anyway, I only worked 8 hours today. Normally, I put in 9 to get an extra day off. It's off to Whole Foods to pick up for food for the following menu. I've been hitting the William Sonoma site for the recipes.

hummus and toasted pita (hopefully, I won't burn the pita in the oven this time. Last time I set off the smoke alarm.)
Goat Cheese stuffed cherry tomatoes

Coconut Lime Shrimp
Zucchini and Tomatoes Baked
Coleslaw

Strawberry Shortcake

Since I haven't actually even purchased the ingredients for any of this, I need to get my tail to the store and get home to start cooking. Though, it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off in a couple of hours.

I'll also be breaking out the Wokka. Last time, these guys just had a taste and then I ran out. But we have a new bottle. Very difficult to procure. It has to be shipped in from Chicago, because no one sells it around here. But the stuff is amazing. I really wanted to try some of the cocktails this time, but I'm not sure that I'll have the opportunity. I may just have to stick with the tonic and lime combination, which is excellent and simple.

Well, I need to run. Wish me luck on the cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter