3.29.2006

Lately

I haven't been writing much lately. I keep mulling over whether my lack of interest in writing means that I am done with the concept of blogging or if I should try to ride it out and see what happens next. Thus far, I keep coming down in favor of riding out my lack of creativity and seeing where things go over the next few months.

Part of my silence pertains to my job. My organization is collapsing around me. The business line I work in remains profitable, but the senior management is fleeing the organization like rats scuttling off the rotten ship. Either to retirement or to other organizations. This has left me with feelings of abandonment. Now, I have decided to join the exodus and start looking for another position. My manager is retiring on June 1 and his goal is to get his last two employees jobs outside the organization. So, he's reviewing my resume, cover letters, writing samples, and everything else that I need to submit for jobs. We had a strategy session today as to what I ought to be working on to get the best job. It's great having the support. My 2nd level supervisor is busy sending out my resume to the people in her network, who I would be interested in joining.

But all the writing and focus on the job search reduces my blogging time. It will continue to be further reduced, as I am starting to work on a giant application package. It includes 7 essays on subjects such as leading change, leading people, business acumen. It's an executive training program at an organization where I've wanted to work for years. The package is due on April 24. I'll try to write in the meantime, but I may be very quiet over here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter