3.26.2005

Stressed (yet again)

The stress of K's job situation is starting to affect us more. The weekends feel as if they have turned into battlegrounds. She has more time to brood on the situation and I have more time to wish that she weren't thinking of it at all. Normally, we don't fight. But lately, we're fighting over small things.

Last weekend, I went off about our sex life. Today, I was pissed that I'm the one, who handles the majority of the cooking. She helps, but basically, I plan the meals and am the catalyst to them actually being cooked. K is a ball of rage about the situation at the office. And, to make things worse, our neighborhood has been wild lately.

I've said before that we live in a gentrifying area. Sometimes the area is less gentrified than others. Even though the houses are all over half a million dollars, we still fight the drug dealing, noise, and trash of the inner city. Thursday night, we had a friend, who is the chief of staff for our city council member, over to dinner. He was shocked by the level of noise out in front of our house. Friday night, we called 911 twice to report drug dealing, drug using, and public drunkenness. I love our neighborhood, but some days it takes more from me than others. I'm able to block out much of the trouble, but K frets and becomes angry. The combination of her job anger and the neighborhood anger is not a good mix.

Basically, I stick to my usual belief that we will make it through this mess. We still don't have a lawyer, as none of the law firms have called us back. However, we've also heard that her office has continued to make changes to the organization. Hence, her position may be placed back on the org chart. Her management has become cagier and is not sharing the new org chart with anyone, even their first-level managers. No one is supposed to know anything until the final copy is made public.

I'm venting. I hate the uncertainity. Good news is that I made it to the gym today. 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 5 minutes running, and painful ab exercises. I'm feeling compelled to go to the gym, as my 10 year college reunion is in 2 months. I would like to be more toned than I am at the moment. I've been managing twice a week, and I would like to convince myself to go more frequently. I'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter