3.18.2005

Relative Calm

My week has been busy. I felt overwhelmed and harried at work, and there's a possibility that things will just be worse over the next few weeks. It isn't decided yet if we have to take on an additional project. Besides work, K and I were out two nights in a row and then I went out alone a couple times, so last night was the first time we had been able to curl up together and catch up. Instead of talking, I ended up taking a short nap on her shoulder when I got home after work.

I've been very concerned with K's job situation. She spent most of the week out of the office and is working at home today, so she hasn't had to confront it head on. I'm concerned that the stress and anger surrounding her job could trigger a bipolar episode. So far my fears are groundless.

She's handling it with aplomb. There's an undercurrent of rage and she says her reserves are strapped as she keeps the rage in check, but her mood has been upbeat and cheerful. She's still intending to pursue the lawyer option and we've gotten the names of five attorneys in the area, who deal with the Americans with Disabilities Act and employment law. Last night we put together her pitch, so she knows what to say when she calls them.

The work on the basement is progressing at a snail's pace. The contractors began using Peel Away to remove the lead paint from the walls. Unfortunately, it appears to be the first time they have used it and they have lots of questions. I spent a few minutes with them this morning before heading to the office to explain that you have to wait 24 hours before removing the stuff. Otherwise, the chemical reaction won't have had time to remove all of the paint. Silly things like that, which if they read the directions, would be evident. Urgh. Someday we'll have our house back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter