3.14.2005

Ayelet Waldman

She's back at Salon with a first column addressing blogging and bipolar disorder, probably of interest to those of you who read this blog. She compares blogging to shouting your life out loud. The frightening part is that she was close to suicide and was crying out to the world in one of her posts by talking about the statistics. I remember reading it thinking that the numbers are against people, but I didn't link it to a cry for help. What else do I miss when I read others' blogs?

One thing I do try to do is not blog in real time. If K and I have a disagreement, I usually wait until later to blog. I don't like writing in the heat of the moment, even when a delete key is readily available. I need to be fair to both myself and to K.

K's doing much better. The job is still an unknown, but she's handling it better. She brooded through parts of the weekend. Finally, yesterday I asked her to come back to me and not let the job uncertainty dominate all the time we have together. She pulled herself together and we had a good afternoon. Furthermore, she got up this morning to head to the office without any apparent difficulty.

I find it easier to deal with the uncertainty if she's not upset about it. I'm convinced that things will work out, but I also need her to be convinced. She says that there is no way she's up to changing jobs or environments at the moment. So we'll hope that we can work it out with this one.

Note: I found a new blog today, though it may have found me a while ago. Just Tenured is another bipolar blog and is well-written and amusing.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am coming out of my usual lurker mode to say that I hope that everything works out with K's job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter