2.02.2005

Inexplicable Hurricane

Blips, I tell myself they are only blips across a tranquil green landscape. The blips take the form of a raging thunderhead with billowing black clouds accompanied by lightening and torrential rain. Sometimes, like a downpour, they run across the landscape and quickly depart, other times it is a more sustained storm similar to a hurricane, cyclone, or monsoon. I fear that we are entering into a hurricane.

When I awoke at 6 am, (no trip to the gym this morning) K told me she was a quivering ball of rage. She got up and took her meds and wanted me to grant her absolution from the office. It was clear she couldn't make it, but it isn't for me to judge. She needs to make the decision and accept that her decision is correct. I pushed her to call her therapist and work it through. I received grudging agreement to check with her therapist this afternoon.

Once again, in the back of my mind, did our weekend trip cause this downturn? There is a pattern that after we travel she misses a few days of work. Our next trip is scheduled in 2 1/2 weeks, a short two night jaunt out of town.

My reaction to K's troubles was more muted today than recently, as my irritation hasn't surfaced today. We agreed that I would stop taking the Seasonale in hopes that it's the pill creating a downturn in my mood. I'm rarely irritable and down and extended periods of a week of moodiness is exceptionally rare for me. I'll see. I can always fill the prescription and start taking it again, if I choose to do so. I'm definitely not on the drug for the primary benefit of birth control.

K's situation has me baffled and slightly concerned. I assume that she's having a blip, but these storms can have a frightening intensity before the sun reappears. But she is taking the right steps and controlling it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter