1.08.2005

Sunshine

After days of rain, fog, and streetlights on at noon, the sun is shining today. Am I out taking the dog for a walk she desperately wants and deserves? No. Rather, I've been sucked into blog world and been reading. However, once I finish writing this, I'm heading out the door, with the dog on the leash.

Things are better with K. She's facing some changes at her job, since her organization was suddenly deprived of 50% of their funds. It looks as if at a minimum, her office will be moved under another executive and her manager may take early retirement, if buy-outs are offered. The good thing (yes, I have irritatingly positive viewpoints on things) that this didn't happen last year. If it had, K would have probably taken a medical retirement, due to her inability to handle the change. She's struggling with it now, but she's handling it very well.

This morning though, her mood was black. Today was her therapy appointment, her first one in about 3 or 4 weeks. It was clear that she didn't want to get up, she didn't want to figure out her breakfast, and she didn't want to go to therapy. After being snapped at, I withdrew any offers to cook her breakfast and left her alone to figure it out. I did offer to drive her to therapy to make it easier. I fear that I am too eager to jump in and try to solve her problems, when I ought to step back and let her work through them on her own. I'm been trying to do that and hover less. It's difficult, but it's the right thing for us both.

The dog woke up from her nap and is now beginning to lobby for a walk by staring at me with deep brown eyes, which plaintively beg for attention.

As I have stated, K's therapist is amazing. She entered the office with a furrow between her eyes (always a danger sign) and exited with a smile on her face and an apology to me for being grumpy. The woman is basically able to work wonders with K.

K believes the continued, though diminished, chaos of our household is bothering her. The work on the basement continues, but the majority of the upstairs work is completed. Unfortunately, the few things that remain keep us from fully setting up the living room and dining room, as we would wish. Regardless, it is still a great improvement. K may also be struggling with PMS, since I haven't started the blood flow yet.

Quick update as to the pheromones and like that I've discussed before. My doctor gave me Seasonale to go to the 4 periods a year. She claimed it works great and there won't be any problem. She also agreed that my cycle could be having an effect on K's mood. I took the samples with trepidation, as the thought of only four cycles a year seems somewhat unnatural. Convenient, but unnatural. I haven't started on the pills yet, so I have no opinion as to their effectiveness.

Dog is continuing to lobby, so I need to go before the gloaming sets in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter