1.12.2005

Personality Test

K just showed me the results of a personality test, Strength Deployment Inventory. She initially took it four years ago and retook it today. Her strengths and approach towards conflict has dramatically changed over the years.

Four years ago, her approach towards conflict was basically to fight and if pushed hard enough she would give in.

Now, she is listed as choosing her battles. She will make a concious decision as to whether the conflict is worth taking on or if she should give up.

Previously, she would give in and then be angry. I see the choosing conflicts as a good thing rather than conceding and harboring anger.

I'm the type (though mine is five years old and I may have changed), who meets conflict with caution, waiting for the facts before committing to a position. If no important principle is involved, I'll defer, but otherwsie I come out fighting as a last resort. My initial reaction is that this is no longer accurate, but I'm not sure I'll bother to retake the test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter