12.28.2005

Quick Note

I keep intending to take the time to actually write a longer entry, but thus far, I haven't been able to get to it. Probably a direct link to my mother staying with us since last Thursday. But she's back on a plane tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have a little free time sometime in the next few days.

The important news is that K did well over Christmas. She's continuing to battle exhaustion and slept the entire day today instead of going to the office. I post more on that when I get the time to write. Needless to say, I find it frustrating. I'm controlling my temper, but I hate seeing her so run down and the lines on her face.

I had a good Christmas as well. It was quiet wiith just the three of us. We pretty much stayed in almost all day on Christmas Eve and then most of the day on Christmas. Our one foray was to take the dog for a walk down by the big Christmas tree downtown.

Today we went and had afternoon tea at one of the fancier hotels. Tea, as usual, consisted of way too much food, even though we did moderate our ordering. Fortunately, we had planned for it by having a light lunch. I enjoy tea, as it is a chance to sit around and visit without any pressures. As we left the hotel, we stopped by the store Pink to look at the shirts. I need another raise before I can start to shop there. The regular price of shirts was $140, on sale cost $109. Youch! My mom scooted into Talbots to buy a couple pairs of pants on sale. She lost 40 lb about 9 months ago and has been slowly replacing her entire wardrobe.

Regardless, I've been mostly off work and don't intend to return until next Tuesday. In two weeks, K and I have to drive across country and deliver a dresser to K's sister. As it turns out, K became an auntie today (guess we both did) as her sister gave birth to a baby girl. K's been turning the idea of an auntie over in her head. Not sure how far she's gotten in her thinking about the entire thing.

I promise that I will get around to writing more. I just need to take the time to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter