11.23.2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay--I will admit that I am waiting to be released early from the office. K's group got to leave and she's been home for a half hour already. I went in to check if there were any early release updates, nope. I was informed that I was fortunate not to be walking out with additional work.

Thanksgiving will be good this year. Lots to be thankful for, especially K's health and the resolution of her job situation. She received the paperwork today confirming her transfer to a permanent position. The basement is nearing completion and our contractors should be painting today. My mom is flying in to spend the holiday with us. We have heat in the house and the basement is insulated, which is great as there's a major cold snap outside.

Each of these things sound small and petty, but they add up to happiness and comfort in my life and home.

Our friend R is continuing to struggle with the death of his brother. He saw his psychiatrist yesterday and I hope it provided him with some relief. He and his partner are going to R's family for Thanksgiving.

I've spoken briefly with our friend S, who had the pyschotic break in late August and we visited over the Labor Day weekend. For about 5-6 weeks, she wasn't returning e-mails or phone calls and just wanted to be left alone. She's being somewhat more social now and not feeling as depressed. She says that she is flat and not really depressed, but not feeling great either.

We are being released at 2:30 pm. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter