1.01.2005

Bad Mother

I mentioned this blog recently more among the entertainment blogs, but tonight I realized that Ayelet Waldman, owner of the Bad-Mother blog also suffers from bipolar disorder. I keep intending on purchasing her books, because I thoroughly enjoy her writing on the blog. Any case, here's the blog site.

http://www.bad-mother.blogspot.com/

The post and link where she mentions bipolar disorder is below.

Bipolar Link

2. Pharmaceutical Companies. Why can't they invent a mood stabilizer that doesn't make you both fat and stupid? I'm actually not so much mad at them as I am at the body chemistry that makes me need a mood stabilizer in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I actually think there is a certain benefit to having bipolar disorder. Hell, I wrote three novels in the past year. Try doing that without hypomania. Still, I'm dragging around at least ten extra pounds that I lay squarely at the feet of my drugs.


This echos many of the writings of Tidal Moods and Blondzila as well as K's own comments regarding her drugs. The drugs make you gain weight and then self-esteem becomes even a greater problem. K continues to struggle with her weight gain, despite the fact she lost 15 of the 30 pounds she gained. Once the basement's completed, we'll be able to set-up her rowing machine for her to workout and start to regain her own image.


Technical Note:
We purchased a Powerbook as a Christmas gift, so I've been using that. The downside is that Blogger appears to offer none of their editing functions for the Safari browser. Thus, my posts are slightly less pleasing from a graphical sense. My writing remains the same, be that good or bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Online Classes
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Site Meter